Interview with Yuval Noah Harari – VPRO Documentary, 02.22
- Yuval Noah Harari : Sapiens. Scurtă istorie a omenirii – Polirom, 2017
- Yuval Noah Harari : Homo deus. Scurtă istorie a viitorului – Polirom, 2018
- Yuval Noah Harari : 21 de lecții pentru secolul XXI – Polirom, 2018
Cine va câștiga cursa pentru AI? – FP-Ro, iarna 2019
China și Statele Unite conduc plutonul – iar cei din urmă riscă pericole majore. De Yuval Noah Harari
An Urgent Warning They Hope You Ignore – The Diary of a CEO, 11.01.24
The return of wars, explained – Die Zeit, 17.11.23
- The list of current conflicts and wars is long – and it’s growing. “The global liberal order has been attacked and destroyed“, says historian and author Yuval Noah Harari.
- In ZEIT Online’s geopolitics explainer, producer Sven Wolters explains, why conflicts worldwide are escalating. “We are sliding back to the jungle“, summarizes Harari the current situation and warns that we must not forget our secret to success: cooperation.
Israel-Hamas War: Piers Morgan vs Yuval Noah Harari – 26.10.23
- Yuval believes Israel should not be intent on revenge with history proving it could be a terrible path to go down. He suggests Israel should be careful on how it goes forward, even suggesting Egypt should accept Palestinians into their borders for the duration of the war.
- Yuval then explains that what makes this situation extremely difficult is that there is always a reason for a previous event, making it hard to pinpoint the root cause of such a historical conflict. Yuval also accepts that regardless the historical context does not justify the mistreatment of Palestinian people and the occupation, as he believes we should not use historical injuries to justify modern injuries. Instead of focusing on the past, we should focus on a peaceful resolution in the future.
Yuval Noah Harari on the war in the Middle East – on Asahi TV, 19.10.23
Hamas’ aim was ‘to assassinate any chance for peace’ – on CNN Amanpour, 13.10.23
- Christiane Amanpour’s interview with Yuval Noah Harari, exploring the long-term implications of Hamas’ attack on Israel and the subsequent retaliation in Gaza.
on artificial intelligence
Close Encounters of the AI Kind – Yuval Noah Harari & Gillian Tett @ CogX Festival, 28.09.23
- Should AI stand for ‘Alien Intelligence’? Is there a need for special institutions to regulate AI? Could this technology inadvertently, or intentionally, empower authoritarian regimes? How much time do we have to figure it all out?
- Yuval Noah Harari and Gillian Tett, Editor-at-Large at the Financial Times, delve into the potential future of artificial intelligence.
What does the AI revolution mean for our future? – Mustafa Suleyman & Yuval Noah Harari, 11.09.23
- How will AI impact our immediate and near future? Can the technology be controlled, and does it have agency? Watch DeepMind co-founder Mustafa Suleyman and Yuval Noah Harari debate these questions, with The Economist Editor-in-Chief Zanny Minton-Beddoes.
- Yuval Noah Harari and Mustafa Suleyman on the future of AI – The Economist, 14.09.23
Safe and Responsible AI? – Yuval Noah Harari and Nicholas Thompson, 6.07.23
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the first tool in history that can take decisions by itself and create new ideas by itself. It’s a tool that’s being adopted extremely fast – before humans have even started to understand the potential consequences. So how can we make sure we use AI ethically and responsibly, to benefit everyone?
- In this conversation, Yuval Noah Harari (historian and author) and Nicholas Thompson (CEO of The Atlantic) explore the crucial role of regulation in AI development and deployment, and the impact this breakthrough tool could have on democracy and our relationship with reality.
Humanity is not that simple – Yuval Noah Harari & Pedro Pinto, 6.06.23
- Journalist Pedro Pinto and Yuval Noah Harari delve into the future of artificial intelligence (A.I.). Together, they explore pressing questions in front of a live audience, such as: What will be the impact of A.I. on democracy and politics? How can we maintain human connection in the age of A.I.? What skills will be crucial for the future? And what does the future of education hold?
Artificial Intelligence, Democracy, & the Future of Civilization – Yoshua Bengio & Yuval Noah Harari, 1.06.23
- What does the future of Artificial Intelligence (AI) look like and how will it impact democracy and society? This question was explored by Prof.Yoshua Bengio, pioneer AI developer and Turing Award winner, and Prof. Yuval Noah Harari, bestselling author and historian – in a live discussion moderated by political journalist Vassy Kapelos.
- Professor Yoshua Bengio is recognized as one of the leading pioneers in AI research and development – known for his prestigious work in the field of deep learning. He is a Full Professor at Université de Montréal, and the Founder and Scientific Director of Mila – Quebec AI Institute.
AI and the future of humanity – Frontiers Forum, 14.05.23
- In this keynote and Q&A, Yuval Noah Harari summarizes and speculates on ‘AI and the future of humanity’. There are a number of questions related to this discussion, including: “In what ways will AI affect how we shape culture? What threat is posed to humanity when AI masters human intimacy? Is AI the end of human history? Will ordinary individuals be able to produce powerful AI tools of their own? How do we regulate AI?”
Yuval Noah Harari Speaks to Young Readers & Teachers About ‘Unstoppable Us’ – Aprendemos Juntos, 16.05.23
- Drawing from the words and illustrations in his new children’s book, ‘Unstoppable Us: How Humans Took Over the World’, Harari decodes the big stories of today (nations, money, gender roles, religion) to empower young readers to question our shared history and change the future.
In Order To CHANGE YOUR LIFE In 2023, You Need To DO THESE 3 Things First! – Tom Bilyeu, 3.01.23
- As someone on the path of major self-growth, these conversations are key in stretching your mind, changing your beliefs, and begging you to question how you want to live your life and exist in a rapidly changing world.
- Artificial intelligence has become more front and center in the past few weeks with A.I. art and AI generated images becoming virtually inescapable. What can you do to thrive during these massive changes?
on ukraine & the world
Will the war in Ukraine have a global impact? Yuval Noah Harari meets Ukrainian students – 19.05.22
- What’s the connection between food nationalism, China’s relationship with India, military budgets, and the war in Ukraine? Explore the potential global impact of the war in this conversation, between the students of the Ukrainian Leadership Academy – a personal and social development platform for young people – and the author and historian Yuval Noah Harari.
Defending the Global Order: A Conversation with Yuval Noah Harari – Sam Harris, 20.03.22
- In this episode of the podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Yuval Noah Harari about the wider implications of Russia’s war of conquest in Ukraine. They discuss different forms of war, Putin’s miscalculation regarding the internal divisions of America and the EU, the problem of misinformation, international norms of behavior, the role of China, the civilizational importance of trust, globalization and de-globalization, existential risk, the role of India, Ukrainian leadership, the danger of nuclear war, regime change in Russia, and other topics.
Timothy Snyder & Yuval Noah Harari: The War in Ukraine & the Future of the World – Yalta European Strategy, 2.03.22
- Filmed on 2nd March 2022, during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, this urgent conversation between the historians Timothy Snyder and Yuval Noah Harari explores the implications of the unfolding crisis in Europe.
- The discussion is moderated by the journalist and historian Anne Applebaum, and was hosted by YES (Yalta European Strategy), with support from the Victor Pinchuk Foundation.
The War in Ukraine Could Change Everything – TED, 7.03.22
- Concerned about the war Ukraine? You’re not alone. Historian Yuval Noah Harari provides important context on the Russian invasion, including Ukraine’s long history of resistance, the specter of nuclear war and his view of why, even if Putin wins all the military battles, he’s already lost the war.
Why Vladimir Putin has already lost this war – Yuval Noah Harari, The Guardian, 18.02.22
The Russians may yet conquer Ukraine. But Ukrainians have shown in the past few days that they will not let them hold it
Yuval Noah Harari argues that what’s at stake in Ukraine is the direction of human history – The Economist, 11.02.22
Humanity’s greatest political achievement has been the decline of war. That is now in jeopardy
Yuval Noah Harari: “Ukraine Is in the Forefront of the Struggle for Human Freedom” – Hromadske International, 02.22
- Best-selling author of “Sapiens: А Brief History of Humankind” and “Нomo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow” and Israeli historian Yuval Noah Harari recently visited Kyiv for the first time. We did not miss an opportunity to discuss a few things with one of the most prominent philosophers of our time.
- During our interview, Harari told us why Ukraine interests him specifically, discussed modern warfare, the dangers of “authentic politics”, as well as touching on the topic of fake news.
Reflections on the Pandemic & the Future – Tokyo Metropolitan University, 18.04.22
- In late January 2022, two years into the pandemic, Yuval Noah Harari was hosted by Tokyo Metropolitan University for a discussion on the global implications of COVID-19, and where we might go from here. The event included a conversation with the Governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike, and a Q&A with the university’s students and teachers – moderated by Harry Sugiyama.
Andrew Yang & Yuval Noah Harari: Tech, Public Policy & the Future of Work – Nexus Israel, 30.03.22
- A conversation about tech, public policy, and the future of work – between Andrew Yang, former US presidential candidate and founder of the Forward Party , and Yuval Noah Harari, historian and bestselling author – moderated by Fortune magazine’s Michal Lev-Ram.
Jonathan Haidt & Yuval Noah Harari: Adapting to Change in an Accelerating World – University of Cambridge, 1.02.22
- Watch social psychologist and author Jonathan Haidt speak with historian and author Yuval Noah Harari, about our most pressing challenges in an accelerating, tech-driven world — and how they manifest in social media, mental health, and the polarization of politics.
- Originally featured in an October 2021 event organized by the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
Why Brave New World is a terrifying guidebook to our future – The Telegraph, 5.02.22
In today’s society, the greatest prize is happiness. Want to know what’s wrong with that? Read Huxley’s masterpiece, says Yuval Noah Harari
The Surprisingly Low Price Tag on Preventing Climate Disaster – Yuval Noah Harari, Time, 18.01.22
The money is there. Of course, collecting taxes, cutting military budgets, stopping food wastage and slashing subsidies is easier said than done, especially when faced by some of the most powerful lobbies in the world. But it doesn’t require a miracle. It just requires determined organization.
Frans de Waal & Yuval Noah Harari: Empathy, Ecological Collapse & Humanity’s Future Challenges – Freedom Games, 11.01.22
- Watch primatologist and ethologist Frans de Waal speak with historian and philosopher Yuval Noah Harari — about humans, other apes, big global challenges and our future on this planet — in a conversation moderated by Bartosz Węglarczyk.
Vanessa Nakate & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation – The New York Times Climate Hub, 12.21
- Climate activist Vanessa Nakate and historian and author Yuval Noah Harari discuss ways of addressing the climate crisis — in a conversation moderated by CNN’s chief climate correspondent, Bill Weir.
Yuval Noah Harari: The 2021 – 60 Minutes, 1.11.21
Will artificial intelligence create useless class of people? – Channel4, 29.10.21
- Yuval talks to Krishnan about where racism comes from, what the recipe for a dictatorship is and why we should be very careful about how we used artificial intelligence.
Professor Yuval Noah Harari and Professor Jonathan Haidt – CJBS Leading Insights, 28.10.21
- Professor Yuval Noah Harari, Historian and Best-Selling Author, and Professor Jonathan Haidt, Social Psychologist at New York University’s Stern School of Business, talk to students at Cambridge Judge Business School about the current crises for humankind, foresights for the future, and how to adapt to the acceleration of change. The speakers also covered challenging topics including social media and mental health, AI and data, the future of technology, and the polarisation of politics.
Dialogue: The Geopolitics of Technology – Athens Forum, 6.10.21
- As events from the U.S. capitol to Hong Kong can attest, the information revolution has consequences far beyond the virtual walls of the internet. This session would look broadly at the geopolitical implications of technology, and touch on the attempts at alliances between various countries around tech regulation.
- Marietje Schaake, International Policy Director, Cyber Policy Center and International Policy Fellow, Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence, Stanford University, and Yuval Noah Harari, Historian and Author
Noah Harari and Bari Weis: Intellectual ans Enlightening Discussion – 11.09.21
Mayim Bialik and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 27.05.21
- Watch Mayim Bialik, actress, author & neuroscientist, and Yuval Noah Harari, historian & bestselling author, in a conversation titled ‘Why do we fear innovation?’. They explore a range of topics – from brains and biotech to AI and the future of our species.
- This conversation was moderated by Niko Woischnik, founder of Tech Open Air, and was a part of SXSW Online 2021, organized by Leaps by Bayer, and Tech Open Air Berlin.
Mark Zuckerberg & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation | Mark Zuckerberg Interview – Freelance Fun, 24.05.21
- Mark Zuckerberg hosts Yuval Noah Harari for a frank conversation about some big challenges — as part of the Facebook CEO’s 2019 series of public discussions about the future of technology in society. The overarching question they debate is: what are we going to do about the systemic problems of the current technological revolution?
Yuval Noah Harari: Post Pandemic World – World Leader, 18.05.21
Nationalism In 21st Century – World Leader, 5.05.21
Why Do We Fear Innovation? | With Yuval Noah Harari & Mayim Bialik @ SXSW 2021, 5.05.21
- From the printing press to vaccines to artificial intelligence, the introduction of almost any transformative technology has been met with wonder as well as fear and rejection. Many of history’s greatest inventors were considered heretics–the archetype of the mad scientist exists for a reason. Why does the new still scare us? What does it take to build acceptance for transformative ideas? How does the unprecedented scientific progress to deliver COVID vaccines influence this? What role does disinformation play in shaping our fears? How can we ensure innovators consider ethical issues, so outcomes can lead to the betterment of people and the planet? What can innovators learn from artists and creators of fiction?
Michael Sandel and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 3.04.21
- Political philosopher and author, Michael Sandel, in conversation with Yuval Noah Harari. This conversation was organized by Penguin Random House and was originally recorded at the Guadalajara International Book Fair 2020.
Daniel Kahneman and Yuval Noah Harari: ‘Global Trends Shaping Humankind’ – 13.04.21
Yuval Noah Harari: ‘The World after Covid’ – FTWeekend Digital Festival 2021, 22.03.21
Yuval Noah Harari: Lessons from a year of Covid – FT, 2.03.21
- Many people fear that Covid-19 marks the beginning of a wave of new pandemics. But if the above lessons are implemented, the shock of Covid-19 might actually result in pandemics becoming less common. Humankind cannot prevent the appearance of new pathogens. This is a natural evolutionary process that has been going on for billions of years, and will continue in the future too. But today humankind does have the knowledge and tools necessary to prevent a new pathogen from spreading and becoming a pandemic.
- If Covid-19 nevertheless continues to spread in 2021 and kill millions, or if an even more deadly pandemic hits humankind in 2030, this will be neither an uncontrollable natural calamity nor a punishment from God. It will be a human failure and — more precisely — a political failure.
Yuval Noah Harari: “If You Want To SUCCEED In Life, DEVELOP THESE SKILLS!” – 26.02.21
- We covered so many interesting topics like how to manage expectations, the importance of boredom, and what he believes the future of artificial intelligence is. He also shares with us his equation for happiness and he reveals why so many of us are addicted to being on our phones.
- We also dove into education and where he believes the job market will be 30 years from now. This episode is sure to challenge your perspective on certain topics!
Yuval Noah Harari & Masha Gessen in conversation – Munk Debates, 25.02.21
- Yuval and Masha share their opinions on the future of democracy in a world of rising authoritarianism. What are the root causes of nations and people turning away from liberalism? How is social media affecting our democratic politics? Are populist politics incompatible with liberal democracy? And most of all, are you living in a dictatorship or not?
Yuval Noah Harari & Rutger Bregman: YES Online Conversations – 16.02.21
- Prof. Yuval Noah Harari speaks with author Rutger Bregman, in a moderated conversation by Zanny Minton Beddoes, editor-in-chief of The Economist.
- This event is apart of a series of online conversations on global challenges and their implications for Ukraine, organized by the Yalta European Strategy (YES) and the Victor Pinchuk Foundation.
Sapiens and Pandemic: A Special Discussion with Yuval Noah Harari – NHK WORLD-JAPAN – 9.02.21
- Students in Japan engage in a virtual lesson from historian Yuval Noah Harari, author of the best-selling book “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind,” regarding how clues from the past can be used to forecast what the future has in store.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Judd Apatow – 13.12.20
- Film director, producer and screenwriter Judd Apatow, speaking with Yuval Noah Harari about his new book, ‘Sapiens: A Graphic History’, in a virtual event on LA Live Talks.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Sara Pascoe – 26.11.20
Yuval Noah Harari: The Story of the 21st Century – 5.10.20
- The unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic has placed the entire world on unfamiliar ground. At a time when nothing is as it once was, what kind of future should human society be envisioning? Which of our “stories” of the future hold the key to our survival?
Yuval Noah Harari on The Story of Sapiens, The Power of Awareness, and More – The Tim Ferriss Show, 30.10.20
Hebrew University’s Prof. Yuval Noah Harari on The Era of the Coronavirus: Living in a New Reality – 29.10.20
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 4.10.20
- Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Yuval Noah Harari discussing politics, power and the pandemic, in a conversation moderated by Liz Alderman, Chief European Business Correspondent of The New York Times.
Yuval Noah Harari: Panel Discussion on Technology and the Future of Democracy – 4.10.20
- Yuval Noah Harari with Brad Smith, President of Microsoft, and Kristen Davis, CEO and Founder of CinqC on a panel discussing technology and the future of democracy.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Audrey Tang – 4.07.20
Yuval Noah Harari on the past and the future of LGBT – 2.06.20
YNH on COVID-19 Impact on Humankind – 16.04.20
Yuval Noah Harari: Covid-19 – a new regime of surveillance? – BBC, 27.04.20
- The coronavirus pandemic has presented humanity with an almighty shock. Here we are, with our evermore interconnected, technologically-advanced societies, living in lockdown and fearful for our health and economic futures – thanks to an invisible virus. What 21st-century lesson can we draw from the spread of Covid-19?
- A crisis can be a turning point for a society. Which way will we go now? Professor Yuval Noah Harari, whose company donated $1 million to WHO, explains how the decisions we make today on COVID-19 will change our future.
Yuval Noah Harari on COVID-19’s Impact on Humankind – 16.04.20
- James Corden connects with historian, philosopher and author Yuval Noah Harari for a video chat and the two talk about the potential society-shifting impact of COVID-19 on an international, national and institutional level. And Yuval describes why humankind must be vigilant of how technology could ultimately strip everyone of any form of privacy.
Yuval Noah Harari On Globalisation, Privacy & Religion Post-Coronavirus World – 14.04.20
- Historian and author Yuval Noah Harari spoke at the second session of the India Today Group’s E-Conclave Corona Series where he explored what the world could look like once the novel coronavirus pandemic blows over.
Yuval Harari: “The world after Corona will not be the same again” – 27.03.20
Historian Yuval Noah Harari talks to Kubra Par about the Coronavirus and why the global leadership failed to cope with Covid 19.
- What kind of global plan do we need to cope with Covid 19?
- Are we witnessing the end of globalization?
- Do we see a need for a strong state structure?
- Is it time for Keynesianism and welfare state once again?
- What will be the social side effects of this process?
- How should be the balance between the protection of personal information and surveillance state?
- Will this epidemic change our norms about digitalization?
- May this epidemic be a call from nature?
Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus – FT, 20.03.20
- This storm will pass. But the choices we make now could change our lives for years to come
Harari in gesprek met Adriaan van Dis DWDD – 03.20
Yuval Noah Harari interviewed by Annelies Beck on VRT – 20.02.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Newsweek Belgium: “The Future of Sapiens” – 9.02.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Tristan Harris: ‘Truth Decay and the Technology Threat – 27.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Stephen Adler: Data Regulation & Ownership – ‘Davos Today’, presented by Reuters – 25.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari: How to Survive the 21st Century – Davos 2020 – 24.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari: Humans behind Machines – Davos 2020 – 23.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei in Conversation – Davos 2020 – 22.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari: Hacking Humans – Roundtable at EPFL, 07.19
- Hosted by EPFL and the Empowerment Foundation in Lausanne, Yuval Noah Harari speaks about human hackability and sits down for a conversation moderated by Leila Delarive: With Ken Roth (Executive Director of Human Rights Watch), Effy Vayena (professor of bioethics at ETH Zurich), and Jacques Dubochet (winner of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry) — accompanied by presentations from Grégoire Courtine (EPFL) and Jocelyne Bloch (CHUV), and Jamie Paik (EPFL).
Yuval Harari The future of Europe – 06.21
Garantat 100% cu Yuval Noah Harari (@TVR1) – 06.19
Cancelar Sebastian Kurz & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation – 05.19
Fei-Fei Li & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation: The Coming AI Upheaval – 04.19
Mark Zuckerberg & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation – 04.19
Yuval Noah Harari and Tristan Harris interviewed by Wired – 12.18
The 2 Most Important Skills For the Rest Of Your Life – 11.18
21 Lessons – Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation with Jonathan Capehart – 11.18
Yuval Noah Harari & Natalie Portman – 11.18
21 Lessons for the 21st Century – Talks at Google, 10.18
Yuval Noah Harari and Bari Weiss in Conversation – New York Times ‘Times Talk’, 11.18
Nationalism vs. globalism: the new political divide – 02.17
Yuval Noah Harari on the Rise of Homo Deus – 11.16
Yuval Noah Harari on the myths we need to survive – 10.15
Why humans run the world – 07.15
New Religions of the 21st Century – Talks at Google, 02.15