lumea, după Fareed Zakaria
Fareed Zakaria (linkedin) is a renowned Indian-American journalist and author – the host of CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS, a weekly domestic and foreign affairs program, and a weekly columnist for The Washington Post on foreign affairs.
He is also the author of numerous books, including three New York Times bestselling books: In Defense of a Liberal Education (2015), a commentary on the importance of a well-rounded education; The Post-American World (1st ed. 2008, 2nd ed. 2011), a discussion of the rise of non-Western powers; and The Future of Freedom (2003), a study of “illiberal democracy” in various countries. His latest book is Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World. – Executive Learning Networks at Belmont University
Sfârșitul Economiei? – de Fareed Zakaria, FP-Ro, iarna 2019
Zakaria proposes difficult idea to keep pressure on Putin – CNN, 24.02.22
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria argues that the US needs to come to a resolution with Saudi leader Mohammed bin Salman, after the brutal killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, to increase oil output and keep pressure on Vladimir Putin.
Fareed Zakaria explains why World should interfere in ongoing Russia-Ukraine War – Ideas of India, 1.04.22
- #HindiNews#ABPNews India is in its 75th year of independence and it has moved leaps and bounds in every aspect. Multiple ideas from our visionaries at the early inception of the nation has fructified. With the nation looking towards 2047, 100 years of independence, there is a need for new ideas to take this nation to the next phase of development.
Shankkar Aiyar in Conversation with Fareed Zakaria: How Russia-Ukraine War intensified? – AP News, 30.03.22
- Indian-American journalist Fareed Zakaria shared his opinions on the intensification of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. He said that the Russia-Ukraine conflict has the capacity to reshape the global order in a way the 9/11 attacks did not. Watch the video and stay connected for more updates.
Fareed Zakaria: West Can’t Allow Putin to Win in Ukraine, Putin Won’t Back Down, He Is Escalating – The Wire, 25.03.22
- In a 45 minute interview to Karan Thapar for The Wire, Fareed Zakaria, who is the host of CNNs GPS and a columnist for The Washington Post, pointed out that during Covid Putin lived in an absolute bubble and people who met him had to isolate for two weeks before they were granted access. He also pointed out that he has his own praetorian guard and is not protected by regular Russian security.
- Mr Zakaria said Putin had a fantasy that Ukraine will welcome Russian soldiers. That is close to the opposite of what’s happened. Mr Zakaria said the Russian invasion is not going according to plan and that’s very worrying because Putin, as he may already have started in the last 48 hours, will step up the level of missile and air attacks. He asked is Putin worried about escalation and suggested that doesn’t seem to be the case.
“Russia-Ukraine War Likely To Get Bloodier” Fareed Zakaria On Putin’s Next Plan Of Action – Crux, 10.03.22
- Prominent journalist & foreign affairs commentator Fareed Zakaria speaks to CNN News 18’s Zakka Jacob on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the implications of Putin’s actions and what the West needs to do to check Putin.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has shattered peace in Europe and comes as a big loss of face for the US-led West. After the chaotic exit of US forces from Afghanistan, where the Taliban eventually seized power, the Biden administration is now facing the heat over the crisis in Ukraine. Many experts believe that the US did not act in time to deter Putin, despite its intelligence agencies warning of the Russian strongman’s plans. The US president has promised to hold Russia to account, but can the world trust the Biden administration? Are sanctions against Putin and Russian institutions enough to check Moscow’s aggression in the region? Has the US learnt no lessons from history?
Fareed Zakaria – Firing Line with Margaret Hoover, PBS, 14.01.22
- Author and anchor Fareed Zakaria discusses the lessons of Covid-19 as the world enters the third year of the pandemic; Zakaria, who as a student brought William F. Buckley Jr. to Yale, also discusses threats to democracy at home and abroad.
Fareed Zakaria on “The Narrow Path to Liberal Democracy” – American Purpose, 11.01.21
- American Purpose presents: a conversation with Fareed Zakaria on “The Narrow Path to Liberal Democracy.”
CHINA Town Hall: Fareed Zakaria – 20.10.21
- CNN host and best-selling author Fareed Zakaria is the featured speaker for CHINA Town Hall 2021, a national conversation on how the U.S.-China relationship affects our cities, towns, and communities. He examines the challenges and opportunities for both countries as they confront the most critical issues of the 21st century.
Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World/The Post-American World with Fareed Zakaria – Executive Learning Networks at Belmont University, 12.10.21
- The Center for International Business & Executive Learning Networks at Belmont University present: Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World/The Post-American World, with Fareed Zakaria.
- “There are decades when nothing happens and weeks when decades happen.”—we are living in a moment in time when history has drastically sped up. CNN host and best-selling author Fareed Zakaria helps us to understand the nature of a post-pandemic world: the political, social, technological, and economic consequences that may take years to unfold.
Niall Ferguson, Fareed Zakaria, Gillian Tett: A new Cold War cannot save a warming Planet – Victor Pinchuk Foundation, 9.10.21
- It is no longer possible to deal with today’s threats acting alone. It is needed to join forces and act immediately. To overcome poverty, pandemics, warming, and future challenges. Humankind can save the planet by introducing new technologies. Get away from the war, get closer to saving the planet. #YESBraisntorming
Foreign Policy Expert Fareed Zakaria On Taliban Takeover In Afghanistan & More – Newstrack, 10.21
- The Taliban is all ready to form the Government in Afghanistan after the withdrawal of American troops. This will be a different Taliban regime as compared to the previous one because world has changed now and more importantly Afghanistan has changed, says Foreign Affairs Analyst, Fareed Zakaria. He also spoke on, ‘how did the U.S withdrawal go so wrong?’ and more.
Fareed Zakaria: Is this the Worst of Times? – The Agenda, 16.07.21
- COVID-19 reshaped our lives in ways most of us couldn’t have imagined. It’s prompted reconsideration of fundamentals in social, economic, and political life around the globe. And where it takes us in the future is unclear. Fareed Zakaria is author most recently of “Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World.”
Fareed: China’s own missteps are turning world against them – GPS/ CNN, 30.05.21
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria gives his take on why China’s increasingly assertive foreign policy is putting it at odds not just with foreign nations, but also with its own interests.
Fareed: No practical reason for Israel to make deal with Palestinians – GPS/ CNN,23.05.21
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria gives his take on why China’s increasingly assertive foreign policy is putting it at odds not just with foreign nations, but also with its own interests.
An Evening With Fareed Zakaria – LBJ Library, 4.05.21
- An evening with CNN host and bestselling author Fareed Zakaria, speaking on his recent release Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World, which explores how the COVID-19 pandemic will shape the world to come.
- In Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World, CNN host and author Fareed Zakaria helps readers to understand the nature of a post-pandemic world: the political, social, technological, and economic consequences that may take years to unfold. Written in the form of 10 lessons covering topics from natural and biological risks to an emerging bipolar world order, Zakaria helps readers to begin thinking beyond the immediate effects of COVID-19.
Fareed: Biden is right. It’s time to leave Afghanistan – GPS/ CNN,19.04.21
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that President Joe Biden made the correct decision to pull US combat troops from Afghanistan because the United States cannot not succeed in bringing a functioning democracy and reforms in the country without a powerful, competent and legitimate local partner. Fareed discusses the future of the region with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria on Lessons for a Post-COVID World: The Next Crisis Could End Humanity – Carlos Watson Show, 19.01.21
- One of the nation’s preeminent public intellectuals joins Carlos to share hot takes on capitalism, inequality and the most interesting leaders on the planet. Fareed Zakaria, the foreign policy expert who’s graced CNN, TIME, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Newsweek and more finally hits primetime on the Carlos Watson Show. Find out why 9/11 helped make his name, why he fears humanity is at risk of extinction, and what Putin and the Dalai Lama have in common.
Munk Debates Q&A with Fareed Zakaria – 19.01.21
- On Tuesday, January 19, 2021, bestselling author and CNN host Fareed Zakaria joined us for a members-only, live video question and answer period. This was a unique opportunity to interact with one of the world’s smartest geopolitical commentators and get his take on big events, issues and trends to follow in 2021.
Fareed Zakaria’s ‘Post-Pandemic World’ – euronews, 15.01.21
- On Agenda Middle East we speak to political commentator and best-selling author, Fareed Zakaria about the takes from his new book: ‘Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World’. We also delve into what the future holds for the Middle East.
Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World – IMF, 1.12.20
- Join IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva and journalist and CNN host Fareed Zakaria for a Virtual Author Talk on Zakaria’s latest book, Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World. They will discuss how the pandemic could radically change our relationships to work and technology.
Fareed explores reasons why minority voters might have voted for Trump – 29.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria discusses the immigrant experience in America and how groups of minorities differ from each other.
Fareed Zakaria on US-China relations and the year in world politics | 2020 Lowy Lecture Broadcast – 27.11.20
- Delivering the 2020 Lowy Lecture, Dr Fareed Zakaria evaluates the turbulent year in world politics marked by the growing rivalry between the US and China, and the coronavirus pandemic. The Lowy Lecture is followed by an extended Q&A with Lowy Institute Executive Director Dr Michael Fullilove.
Fareed: Trump spotlighted great weakness of US democracy – 20.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that President Donald Trump’s refusal to concede an election he lost is another in a long list of norms he is breaking and is dangerous for the future of American democracy.
Fareed: The conspiracy theory of the 2020 election is here to stay – 15.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria makes the case that President Trump’s attempts to delegitimize the results of the 2020 US election are damaging to America’s democracy, even though President-elect Biden is set to become the 46th president of the United States.
Fareed Zakaria and Niall Ferguson. Ten Lessons For A Post-Pandemic World – YES Online Conversation, 29.10.20
- Yalta European Strategy in partnership with the Victor Pinchuk Foundation continues its series of online conversations on global challenges and what they mean for Ukraine. The 2nd conversation focused on how #COVID19 transforms the world and how countries can use the crisis to build a better future. Fareed Zakaria, Host, Fareed Zakaria GPS, CNN, discussed his book “Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World” with Niall Ferguson, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. Victor Pinchuk, founder of YES, Victor Pinchuk Foundation, EastOne group, opened the conversation.
Fareed Zakaria: Ten Lessons For A Post-Pandemic World – Commonwealth Club of California, 29.10.20
- CNN host Fareed Zakaria will help us understand what our post-pandemic world will look like. Beyond the immediate effects, we must be prepared for political, social, technological and economic consequences that might take years to unfold.
Moving Beyond a Post-Pandemic World – FP, 22.10.20
- In a new book, Fareed Zakaria draws some hard but unavoidable conclusions about dealing with future viruses. By Michael Hirsh
Dr Fareed Zakaria | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union – 31.01.20
Fareed Zakaria: Trump and ‘Trumpism’ have become normalized – CNN, 26.01.20
- Fareed gives his take from Davos on how Trump’s economic approach is becoming normalized around the world, threatening gains from globalization.
Davos 2020: Foreign Affairs analyst Fareed Zakaria decodes global trends – Business Today, 24.01.20
- Foreign Affairs analyst and economic expert Fareed Zakaria spoke to India Today’s Rahul Kanwal at Davos where he explained why India was dispaoointing the world and especially the elite of the United States. He said India’s eroding secular and democratic values were ruining its image and affected its chances of forming lasting ties with the United States. Watch the video for more.
The Fareed Zakaria GPS Show – 18.01.20
Fareed Zakaria: Here’s the problem with Trump’s foreign policy
CNN (12.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria explains the impact of President Donald Trump’s actions in the Middle East.
Fareed Zakaria: Trump put Iran in a box without any endgame
CNN (7.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria criticizes President Donald Trump’s foreign policy in the wake of Iran’s attacks on two Iraqi military bases where US troops are stationed.
Fareed Zakaria on airstrike: Iran will respond in some way
CNN (2.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that Iran will respond in some way to the US airstrike at Baghdad International Airport that killed Qasem Soleimani, a key Iranian military commander, and issued a dire warning about the state of the relationship between the US and Iran.
Fareed Zakaria fears American democracy could be in peril
CNN (1.12.19): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria gives his take on the challenges to American democracy posed by demographic transition and an ever-strengthening presidency.
CNN / GPS with Fareed Zakaria: Interview with French President Emmanuel Macron
The Post-American World and the Rise of the Rest – 2010
- In this lecture, Fareed Zakaria will expound on the The Post-American World; a world in which the United States no longer dominates the global economy, orchestrates geopolitics or overwhelms cultures. He will explain how the ‘rise of the rest’ — the growth of countries like China, India, Brazil, Russia, and many others — is the great story of our time. He will also explain how economic growth in any given country produces political confidence, national pride, and international problems. What does it mean to live in a truly global era? Zakaria will answer this question with his customary lucidity, insight, and imagination.