Yuval Noah Harari: The 2021 – 60 Minutes, 1.11.21
Will artificial intelligence create useless class of people? – Channel4, 29.10.21
- Yuval talks to Krishnan about where racism comes from, what the recipe for a dictatorship is and why we should be very careful about how we used artificial intelligence.
Dialogue: The Geopolitics of Technology – Athens Forum, 6.10.21
- As events from the U.S. capitol to Hong Kong can attest, the information revolution has consequences far beyond the virtual walls of the internet. This session would look broadly at the geopolitical implications of technology, and touch on the attempts at alliances between various countries around tech regulation.
- Marietje Schaake, International Policy Director, Cyber Policy Center and International Policy Fellow, Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence, Stanford University, and Yuval Noah Harari, Historian and Author
Noah Harari and Bari Weis: Intellectual ans Enlightening Discussion – 11.09.21
Mayim Bialik and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 27.05
- Watch Mayim Bialik, actress, author & neuroscientist, and Yuval Noah Harari, historian & bestselling author, in a conversation titled ‘Why do we fear innovation?’. They explore a range of topics – from brains and biotech to AI and the future of our species.
- This conversation was moderated by Niko Woischnik, founder of Tech Open Air, and was a part of SXSW Online 2021, organized by Leaps by Bayer, and Tech Open Air Berlin.
Mark Zuckerberg & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation | Mark Zuckerberg Interview – Freelance Fun, 24.05
- Mark Zuckerberg hosts Yuval Noah Harari for a frank conversation about some big challenges — as part of the Facebook CEO’s 2019 series of public discussions about the future of technology in society. The overarching question they debate is: what are we going to do about the systemic problems of the current technological revolution?
Yuval Noah Harari: Post Pandemic World – World Leader, 18.05
Nationalism In 21st Century – World Leader, 5.05
Why Do We Fear Innovation? | With Yuval Noah Harari & Mayim Bialik @ SXSW 2021, 5.05
- From the printing press to vaccines to artificial intelligence, the introduction of almost any transformative technology has been met with wonder as well as fear and rejection. Many of history’s greatest inventors were considered heretics–the archetype of the mad scientist exists for a reason. Why does the new still scare us? What does it take to build acceptance for transformative ideas? How does the unprecedented scientific progress to deliver COVID vaccines influence this? What role does disinformation play in shaping our fears? How can we ensure innovators consider ethical issues, so outcomes can lead to the betterment of people and the planet? What can innovators learn from artists and creators of fiction?
Michael Sandel and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 3.04
- Political philosopher and author, Michael Sandel, in conversation with Yuval Noah Harari. This conversation was organized by Penguin Random House and was originally recorded at the Guadalajara International Book Fair 2020.
Daniel Kahneman and Yuval Noah Harari: ‘Global Trends Shaping Humankind’ – 13.04
Yuval Noah Harari: ‘The World after Covid’ – FTWeekend Digital Festival 2021, 22.03
Yuval Noah Harari: Lessons from a year of Covid – FT, 2.03.21
- Many people fear that Covid-19 marks the beginning of a wave of new pandemics. But if the above lessons are implemented, the shock of Covid-19 might actually result in pandemics becoming less common. Humankind cannot prevent the appearance of new pathogens. This is a natural evolutionary process that has been going on for billions of years, and will continue in the future too. But today humankind does have the knowledge and tools necessary to prevent a new pathogen from spreading and becoming a pandemic.
- If Covid-19 nevertheless continues to spread in 2021 and kill millions, or if an even more deadly pandemic hits humankind in 2030, this will be neither an uncontrollable natural calamity nor a punishment from God. It will be a human failure and — more precisely — a political failure.
Yuval Noah Harari & Masha Gessen in conversation – Munk Debates, 25.02
- Yuval and Masha share their opinions on the future of democracy in a world of rising authoritarianism. What are the root causes of nations and people turning away from liberalism? How is social media affecting our democratic politics? Are populist politics incompatible with liberal democracy? And most of all, are you living in a dictatorship or not?
Yuval Noah Harari & Rutger Bregman: YES Online Conversations – 16.02
- Prof. Yuval Noah Harari speaks with author Rutger Bregman, in a moderated conversation by Zanny Minton Beddoes, editor-in-chief of The Economist.
- This event is apart of a series of online conversations on global challenges and their implications for Ukraine, organized by the Yalta European Strategy (YES) and the Victor Pinchuk Foundation.
Sapiens and Pandemic: A Special Discussion with Yuval Noah Harari – NHK WORLD-JAPAN – 9.02
- Students in Japan engage in a virtual lesson from historian Yuval Noah Harari, author of the best-selling book “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind,” regarding how clues from the past can be used to forecast what the future has in store.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Judd Apatow – 13.12.20
- Film director, producer and screenwriter Judd Apatow, speaking with Yuval Noah Harari about his new book, ‘Sapiens: A Graphic History’, in a virtual event on LA Live Talks.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Sara Pascoe – 26.11.20
Yuval Noah Harari: The Story of the 21st Century – 5.10.20
- The unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic has placed the entire world on unfamiliar ground. At a time when nothing is as it once was, what kind of future should human society be envisioning? Which of our “stories” of the future hold the key to our survival?
Yuval Noah Harari on The Story of Sapiens, The Power of Awareness, and More – The Tim Ferriss Show, 30.10.20
Hebrew University’s Prof. Yuval Noah Harari on The Era of the Coronavirus: Living in a New Reality – 29.10.20
Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Yuval Noah Harari in conversation – 4.10.20
- Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and Yuval Noah Harari discussing politics, power and the pandemic, in a conversation moderated by Liz Alderman, Chief European Business Correspondent of The New York Times.
Yuval Noah Harari: Panel Discussion on Technology and the Future of Democracy – 4.10.20
- Yuval Noah Harari with Brad Smith, President of Microsoft, and Kristen Davis, CEO and Founder of CinqC on a panel discussing technology and the future of democracy.
Yuval Noah Harari in conversation with Audrey Tang – 4.07.20
Yuval Noah Harari on the past and the future of LGBT – 2.06.20
YNH on COVID-19 Impact on Humankind – 16.04.20
Yuval Noah Harari: Covid-19 – a new regime of surveillance? – BBC, 27.04.20
- The coronavirus pandemic has presented humanity with an almighty shock. Here we are, with our evermore interconnected, technologically-advanced societies, living in lockdown and fearful for our health and economic futures – thanks to an invisible virus. What 21st-century lesson can we draw from the spread of Covid-19?
- A crisis can be a turning point for a society. Which way will we go now? Professor Yuval Noah Harari, whose company donated $1 million to WHO, explains how the decisions we make today on COVID-19 will change our future.
Yuval Noah Harari on COVID-19’s Impact on Humankind – 16.04.20
- James Corden connects with historian, philosopher and author Yuval Noah Harari for a video chat and the two talk about the potential society-shifting impact of COVID-19 on an international, national and institutional level. And Yuval describes why humankind must be vigilant of how technology could ultimately strip everyone of any form of privacy.
Yuval Noah Harari On Globalisation, Privacy & Religion Post-Coronavirus World – 14.04.20
- Historian and author Yuval Noah Harari spoke at the second session of the India Today Group’s E-Conclave Corona Series where he explored what the world could look like once the novel coronavirus pandemic blows over.
Yuval Harari: “The world after Corona will not be the same again” – 27.03.20
Historian Yuval Noah Harari talks to Kubra Par about the Coronavirus and why the global leadership failed to cope with Covid 19.
- What kind of global plan do we need to cope with Covid 19?
- Are we witnessing the end of globalization?
- Do we see a need for a strong state structure?
- Is it time for Keynesianism and welfare state once again?
- What will be the social side effects of this process?
- How should be the balance between the protection of personal information and surveillance state?
- Will this epidemic change our norms about digitalization?
- May this epidemic be a call from nature?
Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus – FT, 20.03.20
- This storm will pass. But the choices we make now could change our lives for years to come
Yuval Noah Harari interviewed by Annelies Beck on VRT – 20.02.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Newsweek Belgium: “The Future of Sapiens” – 9.02.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Tristan Harris: ‘Truth Decay and the Technology Threat – 27.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Stephen Adler: Data Regulation & Ownership – ‘Davos Today’, presented by Reuters – 25.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari: How to Survive the 21st Century – Davos 2020 – 24.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari: Humans behind Machines – Davos 2020 – 23.01.20
Yuval Noah Harari & Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei in Conversation – Davos 2020 – 22.01.20
Garantat 100% cu Yuval Noah Harari (@TVR1) – 06.19
Cancelar Sebastian Kurz & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation – 05.19
Fei-Fei Li & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation: The Coming AI Upheaval – 04.19
Mark Zuckerberg & Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation – 04.19
Yuval Noah Harari and Tristan Harris interviewed by Wired – 12.18
The 2 Most Important Skills For the Rest Of Your Life – 11.18
21 Lessons – Yuval Noah Harari in Conversation with Jonathan Capehart – 11.18
Yuval Noah Harari & Natalie Portman – 11.18
21 Lessons for the 21st Century – Talks at Google, 10.18
Yuval Noah Harari and Bari Weiss in Conversation – New York Times ‘Times Talk’, 11.18
Nationalism vs. globalism: the new political divide – 02.17
Yuval Noah Harari on the Rise of Homo Deus – 11.16
Yuval Noah Harari on the myths we need to survive – 10.15
Why humans run the world – 07.15
New Religions of the 21st Century – Talks at Google, 02.15