Women Are the Key to Israel’s Government – FP, 17.06
One of the few things holding the motley coalition together is a focus on women’s rights. By Yardena Schwartz, an award-winning freelance journalist and Emmy-nominated producer based in Tel Aviv
A Deeply Divided Israel Greets New Coalition Government – FP, 14.06
The “change government” of Naftali Bennett and Yair Lapid promises little real change—other than an end to Netanyahu. By Stefanie Glinski
Israel’s New Coalition Government Is More Stable Than It Looks – FP, 14.06
With all its parties facing disaster by leaving, the coalition has every reason to make it work. By Aaron David Miller, a senior fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
New Israeli government wins majority vote, ending Netanyahu tenure – France24, 13.06
- Benjamin #Netanyahu‘s 12-year run as Israel’s prime minister ended on Sunday with parliament approving a new “government of change” led by nationalist Naftali #Bennett.
Israeli parliament votes to end Netanyahu’s 12-year rule – Al Jazeera, 13.06
- Benjamin Netanyahu’s record 12-year tenure as prime minister comes to an end as 60 MKs vote for new government.
A look back at Benjamin Netanyahu’s long rule in Israel – France24, 13.06
- Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday faced the likely end of his 12-year rule as a fragile alliance of his political enemies hoped to oust him in a parliament vote and form a new government.
A review of Israel’s longest-serving PM’s career – Al Jazeera, 13.06
- Israel’s parliament has voted to end Benjamin Netanyahu’s 12-year tenure as prime minister, approving in his stead an administration that has pledged to heal a nation bitterly divided over the departure of the country’s longest-serving leader.
Israel’s Iron Dome Won’t Last Forever – FP, 3.06
The recent war in Gaza exposes the limits of a key pillar of the country’s defense strategy. By Seth J. Frantzman, the author of After ISIS: America, Iran and the Struggle for the Middle East
Israel: Who is Naftali Bennett? – France24, 13.06
- Israel is set to swear in a new government on Sunday that will send Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu into the opposition after a record 12 years in office and a political crisis that sparked four elections in two years. If the fragile eight-party alliance wins a razor-thin majority in the 120-seat Knesset, Netanyahu, 71, will be replaced as premier by his one-time ally Naftali Bennett, a right-wing Jewish nationalist and former tech millionaire.
Noul prim ministru al Israelului, Naftali Bennett: ideolog național-religios sau lider pragmatic? – Petru Clej, G4Media, 13.06
- Sfârșitul „bibismului”: Ce se va schimba în conflictul israelo-palestinian – Magda Grădinaru, 6.06
- Israel: O coaliţie istorică unită contra lui Benjamin Netanyahu – RFI, 3.06
Isaac Herzog: Israel’s new president is softly spoken veteran of centre-left – The Guardian, 2.06