lumea, după Fareed Zacharia
Fareed Zakaria is a renowned Indian-American journalist and author – the host of CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS, a weekly domestic and foreign affairs program, and a weekly columnist for The Washington Post on foreign affairs. He is also the author of numerous books, including The Post-American World and The Future of Freedom, a New York Times bestseller.
Fareed: Biden is right. It’s time to leave Afghanistan – 19.04.21
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that President Joe Biden made the correct decision to pull US combat troops from Afghanistan because the United States cannot not succeed in bringing a functioning democracy and reforms in the country without a powerful, competent and legitimate local partner. Fareed discusses the future of the region with Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani.
CNN’s Fareed Zakaria on Lessons for a Post-COVID World: The Next Crisis Could End Humanity – 19.01.21
- One of the nation’s preeminent public intellectuals joins Carlos to share hot takes on capitalism, inequality and the most interesting leaders on the planet. Fareed Zakaria, the foreign policy expert who’s graced CNN, TIME, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Newsweek and more finally hits primetime on the Carlos Watson Show. Find out why 9/11 helped make his name, why he fears humanity is at risk of extinction, and what Putin and the Dalai Lama have in common.
Fareed Zakaria’s ‘Post-Pandemic World’ – 15.01.21
- On Agenda Middle East we speak to political commentator and best-selling author, Fareed Zakaria about the takes from his new book: ‘Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World’. We also delve into what the future holds for the Middle East.
Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World – IMF, 1.12.20
- Join IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva and journalist and CNN host Fareed Zakaria for a Virtual Author Talk on Zakaria’s latest book, Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World. They will discuss how the pandemic could radically change our relationships to work and technology.
Fareed explores reasons why minority voters might have voted for Trump – 29.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria discusses the immigrant experience in America and how groups of minorities differ from each other.
Fareed Zakaria on US-China relations and the year in world politics | 2020 Lowy Lecture Broadcast – 27.11.20
- Delivering the 2020 Lowy Lecture, Dr Fareed Zakaria evaluates the turbulent year in world politics marked by the growing rivalry between the US and China, and the coronavirus pandemic. The Lowy Lecture is followed by an extended Q&A with Lowy Institute Executive Director Dr Michael Fullilove.
Fareed: Trump spotlighted great weakness of US democracy – 20.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that President Donald Trump’s refusal to concede an election he lost is another in a long list of norms he is breaking and is dangerous for the future of American democracy.
Fareed: The conspiracy theory of the 2020 election is here to stay – 15.11.20
- CNN’s Fareed Zakaria makes the case that President Trump’s attempts to delegitimize the results of the 2020 US election are damaging to America’s democracy, even though President-elect Biden is set to become the 46th president of the United States.
Fareed Zakaria and Niall Ferguson. Ten Lessons For A Post-Pandemic World – YES Online Conversation, 29.10.20
- Yalta European Strategy in partnership with the Victor Pinchuk Foundation continues its series of online conversations on global challenges and what they mean for Ukraine. The 2nd conversation focused on how #COVID19 transforms the world and how countries can use the crisis to build a better future. Fareed Zakaria, Host, Fareed Zakaria GPS, CNN, discussed his book “Ten Lessons for a Post-Pandemic World” with Niall Ferguson, Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. Victor Pinchuk, founder of YES, Victor Pinchuk Foundation, EastOne group, opened the conversation.
Fareed Zakaria: Ten Lessons For A Post-Pandemic World – 29.10.20
- CNN host Fareed Zakaria will help us understand what our post-pandemic world will look like. Beyond the immediate effects, we must be prepared for political, social, technological and economic consequences that might take years to unfold.
Moving Beyond a Post-Pandemic World – FP, 22.10.20
- In a new book, Fareed Zakaria draws some hard but unavoidable conclusions about dealing with future viruses. By Michael Hirsh
Dr Fareed Zakaria | Full Address and Q&A | Oxford Union – 31.01.20
Fareed Zakaria: Trump and ‘Trumpism’ have become normalized – CNN, 26.01.20
- Fareed gives his take from Davos on how Trump’s economic approach is becoming normalized around the world, threatening gains from globalization.
Davos 2020: Foreign Affairs analyst Fareed Zakaria decodes global trends – Business Today, 24.01.20
- Foreign Affairs analyst and economic expert Fareed Zakaria spoke to India Today’s Rahul Kanwal at Davos where he explained why India was dispaoointing the world and especially the elite of the United States. He said India’s eroding secular and democratic values were ruining its image and affected its chances of forming lasting ties with the United States. Watch the video for more.
The Fareed Zakaria GPS Show – 18.01.20
Fareed Zakaria: Here’s the problem with Trump’s foreign policy
CNN (12.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria explains the impact of President Donald Trump’s actions in the Middle East.
Fareed Zakaria: Trump put Iran in a box without any endgame
CNN (7.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria criticizes President Donald Trump’s foreign policy in the wake of Iran’s attacks on two Iraqi military bases where US troops are stationed.
Fareed Zakaria on airstrike: Iran will respond in some way
CNN (2.01.20): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says that Iran will respond in some way to the US airstrike at Baghdad International Airport that killed Qasem Soleimani, a key Iranian military commander, and issued a dire warning about the state of the relationship between the US and Iran.
Fareed Zakaria fears American democracy could be in peril
CNN (1.12.19): CNN’s Fareed Zakaria gives his take on the challenges to American democracy posed by demographic transition and an ever-strengthening presidency.
CNN / GPS with Fareed Zakaria: Interview with French President Emmanuel Macron
The Post-American World and the Rise of the Rest – 2010
- In this lecture, Fareed Zakaria will expound on the The Post-American World; a world in which the United States no longer dominates the global economy, orchestrates geopolitics or overwhelms cultures. He will explain how the ‘rise of the rest’ — the growth of countries like China, India, Brazil, Russia, and many others — is the great story of our time. He will also explain how economic growth in any given country produces political confidence, national pride, and international problems. What does it mean to live in a truly global era? Zakaria will answer this question with his customary lucidity, insight, and imagination.