Bremmer Says Biden Could Have Done More Against Russia – 15.04
- Ian Bremmer, Eurasia Group president, talks about the new sanctions President Joe Biden imposed on Russia. Bremmer says Biden could have done more.
Divided States: Trump’s shadow and Biden’s leadership in 2021 – 8.01
- After a torrid 2020, businesses and the rest of us are hoping for a brighter 2021. The risk consultancy Eurasia Group has published its list of the top 10 risks facing the world this year – all of which could wreak havoc on the global economy. At the top of list is not the pandemic but the US. Will the new president steer a recovery in spite of the divisions in American politics and society?
Ian Bremmer Explains the Top Risk of 2021: Divided US Domestic Politics – GZERO Media, 4.01
- Eurasia Group released its annual report on the top 10 geopolitical risks that will shape the year.
2021: Times Are A-Changin’ | Endgame New Year’s Special with Ian Bremmer
- 2020 has been a year like no other. To close out the year, Endgame invites political scientist and founder of Eurasia Group and GZERO Media Ian Bremmer to talk about the vaccines, US-China dynamics under the Biden administration, the next evolution of democracy and globalization, and the urgency to rewrite our ‘social contract’.
Is the US losing its global influence? | We Need To Talk – 16.11
Ian Bremmer : Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism (Portofolio, 2018)
- GoodReads: Bremmer points to the next wave of global populism, one that hits emerging nations before they have fully emerged. As in Europe and America, citizens want security and prosperity, and they’re becoming increasingly frustrated with governments that aren’t capable of providing them. To protect themselves, many government will build walls, both digital and physical.
Our ‘Us Vs Them’ World: 5 Reasons Why Globalism Is Failing – Ian Bremmer, Time, 05.18
Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism – G. John Ikenberry, Foreign Affairs, 09-10.18
‘Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism’ With Ian Bremmer – Asia Society, 2018
- Eurasia Group founder and CEO Ian Bremmer, author of the new book Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism, discusses key trends in geopolitics with Asia Society Policy Institute President Kevin Rudd.
Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism – JapanSocietyNYC, 2019
- While globalization has brought economic growth and prosperity for many, the divide between the winners and losers is growing. Increasing inequality sows divides across ethnicity, class, and immigration status; the technological advancements of automation and artificial intelligence risk displacement of workers on an unprecedented scale. Those who have been marginalized by globalism are demonstrating increased frustration toward the political, media, and corporate elites they blame for their losses. Drawing on his latest book, Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism, Ian Bremmer, one of the country’s leading political scientists, discusses the current state of the world and the future of globalism.