alegeri economice ale administrației Biden
Biden’s First 100 Days – FP
News and analysis on the new administration’s policies—and the people who are putting them into practice.
To Build Bridges, Biden Plans to Hike Taxes – FP, 1.04
Biden’s planned corporate tax hike comes as countries negotiate on a global minimum standard to tackle tax havens.
Political analysis of Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID relief plan – 17.03
- President Biden and first lady Jill Biden are traveling the country as the White House makes its pitch to the American people about the benefits of the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan.
Biden’s ‘Foreign Policy for the Middle Class’ Is a Revolution – FP, 17.03
The new administration is trying to forge a new national consensus on grand strategy that doesn’t privilege the rich. By James Traub
Biden’s Stimulus Is the Dawn of a New Economic Era – FP, 5.03
The United States’ massive relief package is more than a technocratic policy. It’s a democratic triumph. By Adam Tooze
Buttigieg: It’s time to ‘transform’ our infrastructure – 22.01
- Pete Buttigieg, President Biden’s transportation secretary nominee, made his case to a Senate panel for why he should be confirmed and said that the country must do more to improve its infrastructure.
Biden enters office with one of the worst economies in U.S. history – 22.01
- More than 1.3 million people in the United States applied for unemployment aid last week, the final full week of data for the Trump administration.
President Joe Biden to tackle US economic crisis – 20.01
- Hours after being sworn into office, US President Joe Biden began to tackle some of the country’s most pressing economic concerns. Top of his economic agenda – passing more financial aid for businesses and households, addressing inequality, and improving trade ties with American allies.
What is Joe Biden’s plan to rescue the US economy? – 20.01
- Joe Biden is inheriting a weakened American economy, battered by the coronavirus pandemic. Unemployment remains high, and the latest jobs figures show the recovery could have stalled. Ahead of the inauguration, we look at the details of the incoming President’s rescue plan for the US economy, and his broader economic platform. Also today, we’ll tell you why Janet Yellen has given hope to many European leaders that a compromise could be found on changing the rules for taxing digital giants.
Yellen Faces Senate to Sell $1.9 Trillion Aid Plan – 19.01
- Jan.19 — Treasury Secretary nominee Janet Yellen faces the Senate Finance Committee at 10 a.m. on Tuesday and is likely to answer questions from foreign-exchange policy to taxes, but will also serve as the first congressional forum where lawmakers will vet President-elect Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief plan.
Senate hearing to consider Janet Yellen as Biden’s Secretary of Treasury – 19.01
What the world wants from John Kerry – Politico, 19.01
Joe Biden’s climate envoy will have to restore the world’s confidence that the US will tackle climate change.
America Must Reclaim the Global Lead on Climate Change – FP, 19.01
Five places to start undoing the Trump administration’s damage and rebuilding U.S. leadership. By Chris Murphy
The Changing Politics of Climate Action In The United States – 19.01
The Economic Outlook for 2021 – CFR, 15.01
Panelists discuss the economic outlook for 2021, including post-pandemic global recovery expectations and the potential economic priorities of an incoming Joe Biden administration.
Trying to find ways to heal America’s economic pain – 8.01
- As President-elect Biden prepares to change the federal government’s approach to COVID, he’s also about to inherit an economy that may be slowing down. Friday’s jobs report was the worst in the last eight months and that economic sluggishness is tied to the COVID surge.
- Transition 2021: What Will Biden’s Trade Policy Look Like? – CFR, 5.01
- Turn it up to 11: Trump’s trade carnage went beyond tariff wars – Politico, 4.01
États-Unis : le contrôle du Sénat, un enjeu économique majeur – 5.01
- Les élections sénatoriales américaines de mardi en Géorgie ne constituent pas seulement un enjeu politique. Le contrôle de la chambre haute du Congrès représente aussi un enjeu économique de taille. Sur les marchés financiers, les investisseurs suivent donc de près ce scrutin, pour anticiper la politique économique du prochain gouvernement.
‘We didn’t choose this.’ Unemployed man shares frustrations on COVID relief fight – 28.12
- Millions of unemployed Americans watched the weekend fight over COVID relief play out with a sense of exasperation over feeling like pawns in a game of political football, said Michael West, 60, an Uber driver who has been out of work since the spring. He talks to Amna Nawaz about the realities of pandemic job loss and what he thinks Americans like him need from Congress in the coming months.
US agrees $900 bn coronavirus aid package – 21.12
- U.S. congressional leaders reached agreement on Sunday on a $900 billion package to provide the first new aid in months to an economy and individuals battered by the surging coronavirus pandemic.
Congress appears to be near deal on government funding and COVID relief package – 16.12
- Congress appears to be inching closer to a COVID relief and government funding deal as a Friday deadline approaches. House and Senate leaders will resume high-stakes talks today after failing to reach an agreement last night.
Pelosi backs $908 billion stimulus bill after months of holding out for more – 2.12
Democrats shift positions on a sized-down economic relief bill – 2.12
Bipartisan group of senators working on new COVID-19 relief deal – 1.12
Biden holds virtual roundtable with workers, business owners affected by the pandemic – 2.12
Democrats debate direction of the U.S. Department of Agriculture – 30.11
With millions expected to lose jobless benefits soon, Congress deadlocked on new aid package – 26.11
Yellen Promises to Move With Urgency to Fix the Economy – 1.12
Yellen’s Mandate: Massive Stimulus, Assuaging Fears of Inflation – FP, 24.11
New Treasury nominee hailed as the right woman for the moment. By Michael Hirsh
Joe Biden Is the ‘Voice of Reason’ Markets Need, Says Blackrock’s Larry Fink – Bloomberg New Economy Forum 2020, 19.11
Biden Delivers Remarks on the Economy – 16.11
Économie américaine : le “New Deal” de Joe Biden – 13.11
Watch Out Wall Street: Biden May Be Coming for You – FP 13.11
His new financial advisors include some of the toughest proponents of banking regulation from the 2008 financial crisis. By Michael Hirsh
Biden to push for new coronavirus stimulus deal as cases spike – 13.11
Joe Biden veut relancer l’économie par les infrastructures et par un “green deal” – 9.11
America’s Economy Is Fragile. So Is Biden’s Economic Team – FP, 9.11
In today’s Democratic Party, inheriting Obama’s economic legacy may be a burden, not a benefit.