Biden unveils national coronavirus response strategy as cases surge across the country – 21.01
- On his first full day in office, President Biden unveiled his administration’s National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness. It includes plans to vaccinate 100 million people in 100 days and authorizes the Defense Production Act to ramp up vaccine and PPE production.
Biden Delivers Remarks On His Administration’s Covid-19 Response – 21.01
The U.S. Coronavirus Response Might Be a Crime Against Humanity – FP, 19.01
The Trump administration callously dismissed the deaths of the most vulnerable, including minorities. By Noah Berlatsky
Transition 2021: How Will Biden Manage COVID-19? – 12.01
Thomas J. Bollyky, director of the global health program and senior fellow for global health, economics, and development at CFR, and Jennifer Nuzzo, CFR senior fellow for global health, sit down with James M. Lindsay to discuss the incoming Biden administration’s likely approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.
U.S. breaks world record for daily coronavirus deaths – 8.01
- More Americans have died in the past 24 hours than any daily death count recorded in the world. Dr. Bob Lahita joins CBSN to discuss the worsening pandemic, including the two new mutations of the disease.
Three tragic mistakes that made the 2020 pandemic worse – 28.12
- At key moments over the last year leaders around the globe made critical mistakes that worsened the pandemic and led to more deaths. That’s the argument put forth by the New Yorker’s Lawrence Wright in “The Plague Year,” an article that fills the magazine’s entire January issue.
Peste un milion de americani au fost vaccinați / Consilier în cadrul programului de vaccinare: Obiectivul imunizării a 20 de milioane de persoane până la sfârșitul anului probabil nu va fi atins – 24.12
Biden gets his first dose of coronavirus vaccine – 21.12
- President-elect Joe Biden received his first dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine in front of television cameras in an effort to boost public confidence in the safety of the vaccine. Mr. Biden urged Americans to get the shot when they can, saying they have “nothing to worry about.”
Doctor says COVID-19 herd immunity still long way off as U.S. prepares for vaccine distribution – 1.12
Coronavirus in the US: What went wrong in the world’s largest economy? – DW, 19.11
US death toll passes next grim milestone – DW, 19.11
Governors introduce new restrictions amid COVID-19 surge – 14.11
Almost Every U.S. State Is Now Officially a Coronavirus Hot Spot – 13.11
This is what an utter pandemic catastrophe looks like. By Laurie Garrett
Combating COVID-19 with Anthony S. Fauci – 23.11
Living with COVID-19: In Conversation with Dr Anthony Fauci – 12.11
Fauci says vaccine could be available to all by April – 10.11.20
Biden Unveils Covid Task Force to Get Pandemic Under Control – 9.11
The Biden transition team announced 13 coronavirus advisers – 9.11
Biden is bringing on some of Trump’s toughest Covid-19 critics as advisers. They’re all scientists, doctors, and public health experts.
- Trump withdrew from the WHO. Biden can rebuild ties with the organization and make the United States an influential player in the fight against COVID-19. By Devi Sridhar