despre oamenii președintelui Biden
Senate confirms Biden’s intel chief, giving him first Cabinet official – The Hill, 20.01
Capitol Assault Dominates Hearing for Biden’s Spy Chief – FP, 19.01
Avril Haines vowed to keep politics out of intelligence.
How Kamala Harris’ historic inauguration will impact Biden’s administration – 20.01
- Kamala Harris is making history as being the first woman to become vice president of the United States. She’s also the first person of color to hold the office. Christina Greer, an author and professor of political science at Fordham University, joins CBSN to discuss the historic day.
Kamala Harris breaks another glass ceiling becoming US Vice-President – 20.01
- Joe Biden has been sworn in today as the 46th President of the United States, as has Kamala Harris become Vice-President, taking the reins of a country divided after four years of Donald Trump. But who is Kamala harris ?
Kamala Harris vice-présidente des États-Unis : l’ascension d’une pionnière – 20.01
- La colistière de Joe Biden entrera dans l’Histoire mercredi. Elle deviendra officiellement la première femme vice-présidente des États-Unis, lorsqu’elle aura prêté serment à Washington. De parents immigrés, Kamala Harris est souvent dépeinte comme une “Obama au féminin”. Portrait.
Why aren’t more Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in Biden’s Cabinet? – Former Rep. Michael Honda (D-Calif.), The Hill, 20.01
After a Century of Lobbying, Women Are Finally Getting Top Jobs in Washington – FP, 20.01
Instead of talking about “binders full of women,” the new president has appointed several key female leaders in the national security agencies—but the U.S. government is still a long way from gender parity. By Rebecca C. Turkington
It Takes More Than a Diverse Cabinet to Advance a Feminist Foreign Policy – FP, 20.01
The Biden administration must move beyond superficial inclusion and actively promote gender equality globally while seeking to reverse the harm done in the name of forever wars. By Toni Haastrup, Paul Kirby
Secretary of State Nominee Antony Blinken Opening Statement – 19.09
Blinken Faces Grilling at Senate Confirmation Hearing – FP, 19.01
Biden’s picks for secretaries of state, defense, and the treasury all go before Senate Committees today. By Colm Quinn
How Tony Blinken’s Stepfather Changed the World—and Him – Politico, 19.01
Samuel Pisar was a Holocaust survivor who pushed rival nations to engage in commerce, and he left an imprint on the likely next secretary of State.
Senate hearing to consider Janet Yellen as Biden’s Secretary of Treasury – 19.01
Biden Introduces Members of his Science Team – 18.01
Biden Taps Career Diplomat William Burns as CIA Director – FP, 11.01
The final big name for Biden’s national security team signals a break with the CIA’s dark past. By Jack Detsch, Amy Mackinnon, Robbie Gramer
Now Is a Bad Time to Weaken Civilian Control Over the Military – FP, 13.01
Biden’s nomination of a retired general to head the Pentagon reinforces a dangerous trend. His confirmation must come with concrete safeguards. By Jim Golby
Biden Names Former U.N. Envoy to Head USAID, Beefs Up Asia Staff – FP, 13.01
Samantha Power, a former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., will seek to revive a troubled agency, while Obama-era veterans Kurt Campbell and Ely Ratner get top Asia jobs. By Jack Detsch, Amy Mackinnon
Biden Makes His First Bold Move on Asia – FP, 13.01
The appointment of Kurt Campbell as Biden’s right hand on Asia will supercharge the incoming administration’s policy to counter China.
Biden delivers remarks on presidential transition – 8.01
Familiar Faces Return to State and National Security Council as Biden Staffs Up With Obama Alums – FP, 8.01
One notable absence from Biden’s announcements: CIA director. By Robbie Gramer, Amy Mackinnon, Jack Detsch
State Department Office Sees Last-Minute Surge of New Evangelical Appointees – FP, 7.01
Graduates of a Christian college swell the ranks of State’s global criminal justice office, shifting the focus from war crimes to religious persecution. By Colum Lynch, Robbie Gramer
Lawmakers, top officials & key power brokers examine the incoming “New Government” – WP, 6.01
- The voters have had their say, and their elected leaders are assembling in Washington in January. There will be a new commander in chief, and the women and men of the 117th Congress will bring a new perspective on critical issues facing America. Washington Post Live will gather lawmakers, top officials from the new Biden administration and key power brokers in the nation’s capital to examine the incoming “New Government.”
An Unprecedented Presidential Transition – FP, 22.12
U.S. President-elect Joe Biden swiftly named his cabinet despite continued resistance from the defeated Donald Trump. Where he’ll go from here is another question. By Michael Hirsh
Biden Under Pressure to Deliver Diverse Cabinet – 21.12
- President-elect Joe Biden’s cabinet picks are beginning to work through the confirmation process in the Republican-controlled Senate as transition officials and Democrats press to avoid delays in putting key people in place amid the pandemic.
Progressives Try to Sway Biden on Top Foreign-Policy Jobs – FP, 18.12
A gaggle of progressive groups are trying to line up candidates for top foreign-policy roles in the incoming administration. By Jack Detsch
Biden Sees the A-Team. I See the Blob – FP, 11.12
There’s plenty of reason to be skeptical of the president-elect’s national-security choices—but here’s hoping he proves history wrong.
Biden Defends Choice of Austin for Defense Secretary – FP, 9.12
Some lawmakers and many national security experts are wary of another general atop the Pentagon, but Lloyd Austin has the president-elect’s ear—and backing. By Jack Detsch
Report Sheds Light on How Biden’s Future NSC Chief Wants to Reshape U.S. Foreign Policy – FP, 7.12
Jake Sullivan spent several years working on a less ambitious approach to U.S. global interests that could disappoint both internationalists and progressives. By Edward Alden
Biden unveils senior members of economic team – 1.12
Who are Biden’s top choices for the top health job? – 29.11
Joe Biden’s History-Making Communications Team Gets Reactions From Both Sides – 2.12
Biden announces all-female communications team, diverse economic team – 29.11
Biden Introduces Foreign Policy And National Security Nominees – 25.11
Biden makes first Cabinet picks of his administration – 24.11
Biden’s national security team ‘represents the diversity of America’ – 23.11
The secretive consulting firm that’s become Biden’s Cabinet in waiting – Politico, 23.11
WestExec Advisors, which now looks like a government-in-waiting for the next administration, was founded in 2017.
What is Biden looking for in potential Cabinet members? – 20.11
The Biden Transition – All the new hires and plans in one place.
- Biden Eyes Humanitarian Experts to Lead U.S. Agency for International Development – 1.12
- Blinken’s Wonk Rock Is Everything a D.C. Dad Could Dream Of – FP, 24.11
- 9 things to know about Antony Blinken, the next US secretary of state – Politico, 23.11
- Biden Has the Team Obama Always Wanted – FP, 24.11
- In Break From Trump, Biden Opts for Experience, Expertise for Top National Security Jobs – FP, 23.11
- Biden’s Likely Defense Secretary Pick Flournoy Faces Progressive Pushback – FP, 23.11
- Biden’s Secretary of State Pick Bodes Return to Normalcy for Weary Diplomats – FP, 20.11
- Biden and Flournoy Have Clashed Over Policy in Past – FP, 20.11
- What Will Biden’s Foreign Policy Team Look Like? – FP, 19.11
- Here Are the Experts Leading Biden’s Transition at Federal Agencies – FP, 11.11
- Meet the contenders for Biden’s Cabinet – Politico, 07.20
Who’s in the running for Biden’s cabinet? – WPost, 16.11
Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is poised to break barriers on multiple fronts – 3.12
She Did It – The Atlantic, 7.11
Despite the barriers, despite the pain, Kamala Harris becomes the first woman, the first Asian American, and the first Black American to be elected vice president.
Kamala Harris versus Mike Pence – 8.10
Sen. Harris Gives First Speech As Biden’s Running Mate – 12.08
Choosing Kamala Harris Puts Identity at the Heart of Presidential Race – CH, 12.08
Joe Biden’s choice of Kamala Harris as his running mate will have a lasting impact on how Americans think about the presidential ticket, and confirms the violent killing of George Floyd unleashed a demand for racial equality that continues to have dramatic impact.
Who is Kamala Harris? – 11.08