Sovereign Europe, hostile world: In conversation with HRVP Josep Borrell – 21.12.20
- The EU’s High Representative, Josep Borrell, and Mark Leonard will discuss why strategic autonomy matters, looking at ECFR’s major contribution to the debate – Sovereign Europe, dangerous world: Five agendas to protect Europe’s capacity to act – as well as the three regions where Europe’s strategic interests are most at stake: Asia, the Eastern Neighbourhood, and the Southern Neighbourhood.
EU Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen delivers speech on her vision for Europe – 2.12.20
- EU Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen delivers speech on her vision for Europe as tech industry and government officials gather for the annual Web Summit in Lisbon.
A Europe for everybody with EC president – 2.12.20
A more cohesive Europe – 2.12.20
EU Ambassadors’ Conference – EC, 10.11.20
- The conference brings together EU Ambassadors from the EU`s 143 EU Delegations and Offices around the world, in addition to the heads of EU military and civilian operations and the heads of the European Commission Representations in the 27 EU Member States.
- Sessions include multilateralism in an increasingly multi-polar environment and how to uphold the rules-based international order; the EU’s leading role in global climate action; the global response to the coronavirus; the EU’s Security and Defence agenda; enhancing trade and the EU’s strategic autonomy; and on promoting democracy, human rights and gender equality in an age of disinformation and battles of narratives. The event will also discuss migration policy, promoting the EU’s outreach to international partners, and enhancing the EU`s public diplomacy efforts.
Europe’s Strategic Choices 2020 – Chatham House, 5.11.20
- This year’s conference will consider the possible impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on Europe’s future and how it interacts with what was an already highly-charged political environment, including the US presidential election, increasingly difficult to navigate geopolitical tensions and the perennial challenge of delivering growth and social wellbeing alongside structural changes in the European and global economy.
- Today, the European Commission adopted its first-ever Strategic Foresight Report, aiming to identify emerging challenges and opportunities to better steer the European Union’s strategic choices. Strategic foresight will inform major policy initiatives. It will support the Commission in designing future-proof policies and legislation that serves both the current needs and longer-term aspirations of European citizens. The 2020 Report presents the rationale for using foresight in EU policy-making, and introduces a comprehensive concept of EU resilience.
- 2020 Strategic Foresight Report